Thursday, February 3, 2011

Social is so...social!

I'm new to all this social media stuff....well, I have been doing Facebook for a couple years now, but until THIS WEEK I really did not pay much attention to twitter, LinkedIn, blogging etc.  But now, WOW!  It's consuming a lot of time and energy and I sure hope it pays off!

I got some great advice from an old friend and schoolmate Jay Baer, who owns a company called "Convince and Convert".  He advised me to read two books, one of which I am almost done with.  The first book is "Branding Yourself", by Erik Deckers and Kyle Lacey.  The authors walk the reader step by step how to market yourself as a personal brand.  I'm thinking to myself, WOW!  This is great!  I will have all this free media at my disposal to get my message out there and start sending my message out to the masses.

So watch me go at it, folks!  I'm gonna tweet, connect, friend and blog my way to world domination!  And when I figure it all out, I'll write a class for my day care ladies on how to incorporate social media into their daycare business.  Let's get tweeting!

Bonnie McCormick RN, BSN
Day Care Professor

No comments:

Post a Comment